Health and Safety in San Diego
Coming together safely for ANESTHESIOLOGY® 2021 is our #1 priority.
All attendees must provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test results to receive your ANESTHESIOLOGY 2021 badge and enter the event. We continue to monitor the evolving public health guidance regarding large gathering settings and will provide regular updates and additional guidance.
U.S. attendees complete your health screening now via the CLEAR app for expedited check-in and entry! Learn more.
International attendees plan to bring your printed vaccination card with you to the San Diego Convention Center. Learn more.
If you cannot or choose not to comply with the ANESTHESIOLOGY 2021 on-site health and safety requirements, we encourage you to participate in the streamlined Virtual Track.
Other recommended health and safety measures:
- Disposable masks, alcohol wipes, and hand sanitizer will be available at registration.
- Clear plexiglass installed between registration staff and attendees at check-in and floor decals to ensure proper social distancing.
- Session rooms and the Exhibit Hall will be set up to accommodate attendees who prefer more physical distance as well as those who prefer to sit closer together.
- Session rooms and AV equipment will be disinfected after each session and common areas disinfected continuously. The San Diego Convention Center (SDCC) has achieved the GBAC STARTM facility accreditation, which requires a stringent program for cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention.
- Stringent food safety protocols will be in place. The SDCC food and beverage vendor, Centerplate San Diego, has achieved the RiseSAFE hygiene verification, which covers 36 checkpoints in four core areas: process, people/training, facilities, and hygiene/cleaning.
- Food and beverages will be provided in individual packaging when possible (e.g., boxed meals, wrapped snacks) and plated meals will replace buffets.
- Get quick answers to all your on-site safety requirements.
Information on health and safety procedures for events hosted in the San Diego Convention Center - https://www.visitsandiego.com/meeting-planners/safe-meetings
Note from Dr. David Hepner, AMOC Chair, about plans to meet in person.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)